Links to 2018 instrument syllabi are below.
Listed here are specific rules regarding the choice of repertoire for this festival. Please review this information.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the competitor or the competitor’s teacher/parent to ensure that the competitor has entered the correct class.
Excerpt from the General Rules and Regulations:
1. The competitions shall be under the working management of the Vancouver Kiwanis Music Festival Committee. Any question not dealt with in these rules shall be referred to the Committee through the Chairman and the decision of the Committee shall be final.
2. All competitions, unless otherwise stated, will be open to amateurs only. The term “amateur” shall mean one whose principal income is not derived from musical services. This condition does not apply to those bona fide students of music who teach for the purpose of applying the money so earned for furtherance of their musical education.
3. The VKM Festival competitions are open to eligible competitors who reside within the Province of British Columbia or elsewhere. Competitors residing outside of Canada are not eligible for Provincial competitions.
4. The Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry without assigning a reason for so doing.
5. No entry fee will be refunded unless a duplicate payment has been made.
PLEASE REVIEW ALL THE CLASSES / REPERTOIRE INFORMATION FOUND IN THE RULES.